Introduction to the simulation platform OpenFOAM®,
Run existing tutorials and adapt them to your needs,
Program your own solver based on the OpenFOAM® library.
General introduction to OpenFOAM®
First simulations (setup a case, run a case, post-process with ParaView):
◦ Heat transfer,
◦ Cavity / Poiseuille flow,
◦ Multiphase flow in a tube,
◦ Import mesh from an external gridder.
Generation of complex mesh with OpenFOAM®
◦ How to mesh complex geometries with snappyHexMesh?
◦ Mesh 3D images from X-ray microtomography,
◦ Absolute permeability calculations,
◦ Run parallel simulations.
Program partial differential equations with OpenFOAM®
◦ General organization of an OpenFOAM® application,
◦ Object-oriented programming,
◦ Program a « Darcy » solver,
◦ Heat transfer in porous media,
◦ How to customize boundary conditions.
Understand the Navier-Stokes solvers in OpenFOAM®
◦ The PISO and SIMPLE algorithms
◦ Customize Navier-Stokes-based solvers,
◦ Run periodic simulations,
◦ Program a Darcy-Brinkman solver.
1 to 3 days of classes,
On-demand on-site training,
Quotation available on demand.
COMING AND PAST TRAINING
November 12-13, 2018: Beijing Normal University, China.
July 2-6, 2018: OpenFOAM® training at the 4th Cargèse's summer school on flow and transport in porous and fractured media. More info here.
April 3-5, 2018: French Geological Survey (BRGM) and University of Orléans, France.
May 12, 2017: OpenFOAM® short course at the 9th Interpore International Conference on Porous Media, in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. More info here.
November 2014: Stanford University, California (5x3h).
September 17-18, 2013: Géoscience Montpellier, France.
March 27-28, 2013: CNRS, Toulouse, France.
2012: ENSEEIHT, Toulouse, France (5x4h).
2010: Institut de Mécanique des Fluides de Toulouse.
2010: University of Toulouse.
You want an on-site training? You need technical support with OpenFOAM or consulting services? Contact me today and see what I can do for you.